Thread: Home Security?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
yavenay
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have ADT also. I have cameras all over the OUTSIDE of the house, so every angle of the yard is under surveillance, which was absolutely necessary with the felons that live next door to me! I also have laser beams intersecting all over my back yard.....the beams are set at 4 feet off the ground, so no animals trigger it when walking across the yard at night.....but if a human jumps into my yard and strats to walk around at night, an alarm sounds in the house....different tones for different sections of the yard, so I have a good idea where in the yard the person is walking around. Those run off batteries, which is a pain in the butt changing batteries once a year, but it is the cost of "doing business" when you live next door to thugs and in Houston!

I was going to have cameras put inside the house, but then I heard people driving around the neighborhood can somehowe tune into your cameras and also look all over your house!
I have an home security system but I would love the backyard laser beams. I wonder if my alarm company offers this feature. The back of my house is like a black hole. You can't see your hand in front of and would be perfect for anyone who wanted to break in. I live in a somewhat rural area and it is nothing but woods.

I remember when I first moved in, I had my friends take turns staying with me until my alarm system was installed. I am a city girl, and was so used to sirens. I wasn't afraid of muggers but I was definitely afraid of Jason from Friday the 13th . I lived in DC right across the street from a police department and a fire department. It was somewhat culture shock when I move to this area. I love it now and really could never consider moving back to the city. As long as I can get to in a 30 minute drive, I'm okay with living in the burbs
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!