Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Tink04
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4m2 View Post
I'm sorry your pup has suffered with some serious health issues. Your right to be concerned about any unnecessary exposure to any stressers on her immune system. The science has been out for almost two decades that annual vaccines is no longer recommended. If any vet is doing annual vaccines he/she is not doing what is in the best interest of the pups.

There are several researchers who have studies proving the duration of immunity is a minimum of 7 years and quite possibly for life, when the pup has had the required core puppy shots (distemper & parvo) and the one year booster.

It might help to read some articles pertaining to this important subject. Here is just one by Dr Schultz....

Lifelong Immunity - Why Vets Are Pushing Back - Dogs Naturally Magazine

This blog has some great info too....

How to Avoid Vaccination Reactions in Dogs | Truth4Dogs
Thank you very much for this information. It sure does make me think... 7 years immunity is a long time when vaccinating every year!
I really hope that the veterinary community can soon figure out what is best. (I hate to think they push vaccines solely to have a guaranteed annual form of income instead of the pets best interest ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I have two almost 15 year old dogs. They've been vaccinated since they were puppies. I do not believe vaccination to have caused anything - except them living long lives. That said, I'd look into a medical exemption for this dog if your state allows it and speak with your vet about getting proper paperwork for rabies. I'm sorry about your dog's illness.
Thank you - she is doing quite well, I just hope we can manage her comfortably on medication.
Luckily I had that conversation with my vet, she said that she would only push for a rabies vaccine if she was a biter (which she's not) and said she would take care of it thankfully. I'm happy to hear your little ones are happy and healthy.
Tink04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!