Thread: Pee Pads Only
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #5
protea
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
I have only ever pad trained my dog. With my first dog, she trained easily and never had accidents. Her potty area was in the laundry room, right off the garage and across the hall from a small bathroom. I picked up and flushed the poop, and changed the pads regularly, and immediately put them in the garbage in the garage. It never smelled bad. That house was a large three story and no matter where Chelsea was in the house, she always knew to ho to her potty place in the laundry room. Eleven years and never any issues with the pads.

My current yorkie is also pad trained and took to it quickly. She always uses her pads at home. This house is much smaller than the last, so her pads are in the hallway between the bedrooms, right across from the bathroom. Same as before, i flush poop and change pads regularly, to minimize any smell. Visitors didnt see the pads at my last home, but they do at my lil house. I have pretty fabric washables, that i try to put down before guests come over, but in all honestly, I usually forget to put them out. ZoE will go on the pads just about anywhere. Ive put pads down at my parents house, my kids dorms/apartments, in hotel rooms, and even in the trunk of my car when traveling, and ZoE will go on them. I love that she's pad trained! Especially in winter!
I live in Canada and this winter has been brutal -40 lots of snow etc...I have the washable peepads as well and they are fantastic...I live in a apt and have different ones in 3 different places....if I go visit or in hotels I take them with me and no problem..I spray them every night with one part of vinegar to 3 parts of water lightly and I never smell pee anywhere...in Summer I use it combined with taking her outside just in case because I work and cant take her outside....so far I found it to be a good investment....
protea is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!