Thread: Pee Pads Only
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
richards6402
Love My Girls
Donating Member

I have two dogs and both are pee pad trained. I use a pee pad under the fake grass system. I find they don't track pee off the pad if I use the fake grass. I have to admit if company comes over and the pee or poo on the pad it can be a little uncomfortable because their pad is by the patio door which is about 5 feet from the kitchen table. My thinking on choosing that spot was in case I wanted to train them to go outside to do their business they would be used to going to the patio door. It sure is nice not to have to worry about letting them out if it is storming, snowing or below zero. I also can leave them during the day if I have to and not worry about letting them outside.

I have about 4 fake grass pads and change them out every week. I soak the used pads in Dawn and hot water then rinse and soak in a vinegar/water solution for a few hours. In the summer I let them dry in the sun. In the winter they dry in the garage. I have asked my son and his girlfriend numerous times if they can smell anything and they both say no....they would tell me if they did. It was a challenge to get Macy used to the pad....I think it took her about a year to get the hang of using the pad. Molly had one accident when I first got her and has used the pad ever since.

When we stay in hotels on vacations, I take the pads along with me and both dogs do use them. I have never regretted potty pad training my girls.

It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. (Mark Twain)
richards6402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!