View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #42
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
If this vet does not know how to measure a skull with calipers, and then move to the pelvic ring and see if that skull measurement will go through the pelvic ring, I dont think I would trust him for ANYTHING!!!

Placentas contain concentration or hormones that have "grown" those babies, exchanging nourishment and hormones and everything good between puppy and momma.....I will let my mommas eat one or two, but if they get much more than that, they just vomit it all up....it is enriched blood and they just dont tolerate all that blood in their stomachs.....and it also gives momma diarrhea. BUT, the great thing about the placentas is the hormones it contains, HELPS WITH THE BONDING BETWEEN MOMMA AND BABY. In fact, if i have a c-section done, I will clean the baby, suction pup out, dry pup off, but then I will rub that placent on the puppies....when momma wakes up, she will "clean her babies up" and she is smelling/licking that TRACE AMOUNT of placenta off her babies, and bonding with those babies by licking that placenta off those babies.....it doesnt take alot of placenta rubbed on baby to stimulate this powerful instinct in momma.....and I will let her eat that one placenta that comes home from the vet after the c-section.....
This is important for the bonding between momma and her babies.....

Meanwhile.....I would find another vet that is more knowledgable. You really need to know if you are going to have problems with momma passing these babies, and if he ends up having to do a c-section, I am terrified you are going to loose the momma as well as your babies! Measuring puppy skeletons even with a piece of paper.....you look at that puppy's head width right on the xray film in the light box, and you take a pen lay the edge of the piece of paper like a ruler or straight edge across at the widest part of that head, and mark on your paper....then you move your marked edge on the paper, and you position it across the widest part of the pelvic ring......you will be able to tell immediately, if that pups head will fit through that birth canal! This is elementary! ANY vet should be able to measure anything he can see on an xray!!!
I have never bred any of my little girls and have no plans in the future to breed, but it warms my heart to hear about someone who puts their heart and soul into breeding happy, healthy pups. I really admire your commitment to your babies and how you reach out to help others. I've learned so much from you, Judy, and I also love reading your stories of your very loved babies. It must be a lot of fun at your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliet985 View Post
Our biggest boy and the first to be born
We've named him Moe
Congratulations! I'm so happy all went well for your little girl. Enjoy your little boys.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!