View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
Maggiesmom318
Yorkie Talker

Default Question about Yorkie Coat Length and Care

Hello everyone! I have a beautiful Yorkie named Maggie who just turned a year old February 2. She weighs four pounds. I have only had her groomed one time when she was about four months old. Her hair is still pretty short now that she is a year old. I am wondering how long your Yorkie's hair was at a year old. I don't know if her hair is just slow growing or if it is just not going to get any longer. The hair at the bottom of her legs isn't that long and also the hair on her ears is short. She had them trimmed when groomed at four months and the hair still hasn't grown back. I am including pictures of her at different stages. The first picture is when she is six weeks old (we didn't get her this early, this is a pic the breeder took). Then I am posting another picture (with the pink bow) when she was four months and had her first grooming, and the others are current pictures of her. I can't get a good picture of her standing still because she follows me and gets right up under me). Oh and I will add that I did just cut the hair around just over her eyes. Just the top part, but I am going to let it grow back out and do a top knot. Nothing else. Also, what shampoo and conditioner do you all use on your Yorkies? Any information is appreciated! Thanks!
Question about Yorkie Coat Length and Care-maggie-6-weeks-old.jpg

Question about Yorkie Coat Length and Care-maggie-four-months.jpg

Question about Yorkie Coat Length and Care-maggie-year-old.jpg

Question about Yorkie Coat Length and Care-maggie-sleeping-one-year-old.jpg
Maggiesmom318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!