View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Poor Gizmo. I'm sorry your little guy isn't feeling well. You are a good mom for staying on top of it and going back to the vet.

I would have guessed maybe a little acid reflux, but the Pepcid I think should be helping with that. There are others here who have been dealing with acid reflux so maybe they could give you some insight on whether or not it takes longer to start working.

I would hold the olive oil. Although I love olive oil in my own diet, sometimes it is hard on my stomach, gives me a bit of a burning sensation -- hard to describe. I've tried many brands, extra virgin cold pressed, and always make sure it is fresh, but sometimes it still has a bit of a zippy taste or effect on me.

When he wakes in the middle of the night, I would encourage him to drink some water, maybe lick it off your fingers if he won't drink from a bowl. My Teddy gets dry mouth, and when the humidity is low during the winter with the heat on, his nose will dry out too. Then he will wake and sort of cough a little.

I hope you can get this figured out and put your mind at ease.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!