View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #12
Opium88
YT 500 Club Member

I see both sides, and everyone above has already covered one side, so I'll remark on the other end of the issue. If you insist on trying to get them to get along, try taking two wet cloths and rubbing one all over your dog and the other one all over the bulldog ( face and body) then switch and rub the other dogs scent all over your dog and vice versa. Do this several times. It gets them used to the scent of the other dog and once it is familiar it helps them not to automatically hate that dogs scent when they come across each other. It's a tool used with cats , and I've used it with dogs and it works. I've also used laser lights as a good distraction technique and to get dogs to accidentally play together cause they get so focused on the laser light that their differences get tossed out the door. Works for me like a charm. But keep in mind that what everyone else said is true too. Your little one is very very very fragile ( I cannot stress that enough) and it only takes a second for them to get hurt or worse. Sometimes just avoiding chance is better. But my little ones are friends with the massive pit bull next door, so I know how you feel with wanting them to get along. Good luck with that.
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!