View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Constantly Hungry

Cody, weight 12.6 lbs, age 4 y/o next month.
7AM I feed him 1/3 cup Natural Balance limited ingredients, Bison / sweet potato dry food he wolfs that down in seconds.

9AM he is crying, whimpering, whining, begging for more food. , I make him do a few tricks, reward with small treat.

12 noon now giving a nice portion French cut frozen beans was giving fresh cooked sliced carrots but was concerned carrots may be high in calories, regardless, he gobbles either up.

3PM he is crying, whimpering, whining, begging for more food. , I make him do a few tricks, reward with small treat.

5PM, I feed him another 1/3 cup dry food.

7PM he starts the crying, whimpering, whining, begging for more food. , I make him do a few tricks, reward with small treat.

9PM I give him a nice portion of French cut green beans.

10PM the crying and begging for more begins, I make him do a few tricks, reward with small treat.

I never had a dog that was so demanding for more food. I am worried, this does not seem normal to me. Several weeks ago there was a thread about a dog being constantly hungry. There were suggestions of blood work being done for ?. I looked for that thread but cannot find it.
Cody is at perfect weight for his size, I don’t want to increase his dry food and have him over weight.
The amount of food to be given for dog of his weight is on the dog food label, so he is getting proper amount of food.
Any advice / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!