Thread: Poddy training
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
karen24
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by berumen14 View Post
Hi yorkie lovers ,
I have a question my puppy is a female and she is 9 weeks since I got her she's been using the pad to do her business but lately she's been popping where she sleeps , does any of yalls dog do the same? Any advise please help
Where is she sleeping? Is she confined? I am using crate training which has been fantastic! My little Jack, 3 months old, has the coziest little crate with snuggly bedding and just enough space to stand up and turn around in. When confined to that size space, pups usually don't potty in their bed. If they have the luxury of more space they will use one space to sleep and another to potty. Another thought I have is for my little guy I need to see that the last thing he does is potty before going to bed. I also try to see that his eating & drinking are done about 2-3 hours before he goes down for the night. Basically we all get to sleep longer if he is "empty". If I am concerned that he hasn't eaten quite enough at the end of the day, I will give him an inch of NutriCal and a little drink. He, of course, eats right away after he goes potty in the morning. I am new to all this myself, but I hope I have given you some ideas to help you. If you provide more details about your efforts at potty training, I'm sure some of the gals who have more experience will give you some more direct advice!! Good Luck!! Welcome!! Congrats on the new babe!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!