View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #11
lataina
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and Pic View Post
Oh goodness. I am so sorry. Ladyjane let me know about your pup and I can only reply through my cell phone at work, so forgive me for typos.

Piccolo had cutaneous vasculitus badly 7 years ago. I wasn't sure if she was going to make it for awhile. It sounds like you are doing everything possible and you have a good vet dermatologist. Her ears are still black from the scabs and those took forever to go away. For her it was the high doses of prednisone that I think helped her turn the corner. I decided that her quality of life was going to have to take precedence. She also had breathing problems and stayed at the ER. .
There is hope. Hugs and feel free to pm me. You both are in my thoughts and prayers
Romeo's Prednisone dosage was 5mg. I added an album on my profile with pics of his ears to give a sense of what he is going through.

With him, the steroids give him infections. He had a bladder infection and constantly gets ear infections, and bacterial infections on his paw pads. This is why the vet derm is trying to stay away from them. I'll have to ask her if i can give him the Pred in conjunction with this new med she wants to give him. Do you think the infections are worth the try? I'm not sure if getting these infections are more harmful to him.
lataina is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!