View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 03:50 PM   #13
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Just thought I'd post a reminder for everyone to get one of these. One of my neighbors recently had an incident w/ their water heater (10 yr old home) where it was releasing carbon monoxide....thank God they had a detector or the whole family could've died!

If you don't have one, get one!
I had the same thing happen! My water heater was the culprit, too!

When I bought my lil house, i still had my big house that I lived at. I would go over and work on projects at the little house, and I was exhausted....always tired. I didn't think much of it, as I was working full-time and then working at the lil house at nights and weekends..it made sense I'd be tired.

Then one evening, I fell asleep there. After repeatedly not answering my phone, my mum came over to the lil house to check on me. She was worried I'd fallen off a ladder or something. She woke me up and knew something was wrong, and took me to the emergency clinic, thinking I had a bad case of the flu. The nurse upon hearing my mum 's account about me being so tired working at the lil house, knew right away what it was and tested my blood oxygen level.

The local energy company assumed it was the furnace, but it was the water-heater! It was improperly vented, with dryer vent flex pipe. At sometime prior, the water heater had been moved, and the water pipes extended with red& blue flex pipe, and the vent extended with dryer vent flexible tubing. I got a new water heater, and all is good. Mum bought a carbon monoxide detector that week, and I've had one ever since. I recommend everyone have at least one in there home.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!