View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #14
HaileysBabies
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Congratulations on your babies!!! Having more than one is an adventure and a ball!!! I love to just sit and watch all mine intertact....you can actually see the "wheels turning" in their heads as they try to out fox each other!

I used newspaper for many years back in the 70's thru 90's, did not switch to disposable pee pads until 2000....never had an issue with ink.....I know in the disposable pee pads, there can be a problem if they consume that white absorbant material, so actually, news paper is less expensive and not as dangerous if it is consumed!

I DID pick up on a little something you first posted...no one has mentioned it, so I will.....GRAPE pedialyte??? Grapes are toxic, as are raisins....dont know if they actually use real grapes in pedialyte, as in grape juice, but I would loose the grape pedialyte for UNFLAVORED pedialyte! Pedialyte is great for them during any stressful transition or adjustment or post op recovery or just not eating well....but use the unflavored!
Thank you for the reply. Someone else PM ed me about that point. I researched online and found a vet who said all Pedialight is artificaly flavored and are 100% safe. They are getting regular Distilled water now, was to ensure they were drinking and to encourage them too in there new home.

So far only one bad night. Last night a bed time Jewel threw up. I called and left for the vet immediately. They believe its just something she ate. My treats may have upset her stomach. There new treats are cooked, seasoned chicken brest pieces. She is better but not 100% yet. Doctor said sge would have less energy but if she was eating
Drinking, and not vomiting or blood in stool that she should be as good as new tomorrow. First scare but I love my babies and will happily take hits of 200$ to ensure they never they live long, adventurous and fun lives togeather. The only part I'm NOT looking forward too is when one dies from old age. I hope the other does pass from depression, I going to need her while I search for a new pair to fill there void. At least its not for 17+ years hopefully. I can't post pictures yet. Still trying but last night scare, I'm in the pen bed for me with both sleepung on me atm. Using Bella to judge Jewels progress of recovery. I will post if things go down hill, but I have vets if I get scared or nervious again. Don't care the cost, these girls have the best. Already health insured, as soon as a month passes, I have help there too. Hoping I never have to use it but HIGHLY doubt it for there senior years. I can hope though
HaileysBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!