Thread: Breeding
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #3
BorderKelpie
Senior Yorkie Talker

After all my years of breeding (working dogs, not Yorkies) I have decided it's easier, cheaper and much less stressful to just go buy a pup. You have just as much of a chance of getting one just like the one you love so much now as you do attempting to breed for a duplicate.

As an example, I have a litter of Kelpies on the ground now. I was hoping for one just like the mother, Treasure. I adore her. What I seem to have here is a little Mini Me of Treasure's sire (which is awesome, but he's oversize lol) one little one a lot like Treasure's half sister and another one that reminds me of a mosquito on crack. He's lovely and precious, but Oh My! he does not have an off switch!! Now, I have to choose who might stay and sort out the perfect homes for the others, besides the cleaning, vaccinating, deworming, cleaning, training, cleaning, barking, squealing, shredding everything, cleaning, nipping, biting, playing, shredding and did I mention cleaning?

Puppy breath is amazing - puppy poop, not so much and they make much more poop than breath.

Find yourself a good breeder, or even go back to the one you got your ittle boy from, there is always rescue, too. Save a life. You have so many, much easier options than breeding.
BorderKelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!