View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #11
LisaMcG
Yorkie Yakker

Hi,

I'm from Scotland too

Also 24 and loving being a Mummy to my little Pup!

I'm at Uni and in 3 days a week, on 2 of those days Poppy is left in for approx. 3 hours alone. I crate her for that time. Likewise we recorded her the first couple of times and she howled and cried for a good half hour then slept and then howled again when she woke.

I no longer record her simply because I was using my phone and can't leave it in the house. She is much more comfortable in the crate now though and my neighbours assure me they hear no noise from her. We got a medium/large sized crate for her though the first one I bought was a small and she was constantly knocking her water over. As long as your dog has room a toy, place to sleep and water he will be fine.

Poppy actually retires to the crate of her own accord now at times.

I have the smaller crate in my bedroom with her bed in it, I leave the door open at night and she goes between that and a pillow I place on the floor she likes to sleep in.

I really wouldn't worry too much about the neighbour, if she compains to the council they will send the RSPCA out they will see a puppy (which at under a year he still is) who has a loving home end of. They will not take a dog away or evict you for a puppy whining when alone.

Good Luck x
LisaMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!