View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #20
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

No kidding - all dogs should be confined or on a leash but since they aren't, I now know what a vicious one is really like and most of our tools are not much help - in fact, an umbrella wouldn't have worked that time as I only saw the dog a split second before it attacked. (But it sure works when you see the dog before it begins its lunge.) Big dogs can move faster than your brain can process "dog danger" and be on your dog in a second or two from appearance from behind something to first bite, while your brain is still reacting. These big dogs, even the ones we don't think of as powerful and dangerous, once in prey drive, are so dangerous to tiny dogs - even in our arms. I had never seen one that intent on his prey before in my life and truly thought I'd have to fight him again but thankfully it didn't happen. And best of all, Jilly made it with no internal or crippling injuries. And all I did was what any dogowner would do in the same situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!