View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #15
Graneet
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Just a word about a vicious dog who will attack your dog - not just bite it and run but one vicious enough to sustain an attack: If you are holding a prey object he wants and he realizes he's big enough to reach your chest level, he will go for it and/or you when he's riled up and intent on attacking the moment he figures he can get a way to his prey. Moments after Jilly was attacked and I used a walking stick to beat the dog until he dropped her and back him off while I gathered her off the ground, he still followed me with Jilly in my arms, having seizures, all the way down the block, his head often lowered and intently focusing on us, even as I'd turn and brandish the walking stick at him and say in a low, guttural voice that I would kill him if he didn't stop, telling him in a low, guttural voice, "Nooooo........Nooooo - stop......stop" in a low, forceful voice. He might not know what the words meant but he got that I meant to kill him and he didn't care. I'd step toward him with the stick up and out in the air, making myself as big and surly as I could, and he'd lower his head and back up, but the moment I turned around to walk on with her, he'd resume stalking us. The hair on the back of my neck was standing up as I could almost feel his intent on getting to her, through me if necessary, and I had to steel myself not to feel fear but to just think of killing him. I focused on that as long as he followed us.

He didn't re-attack but kept on considering the idea until we got all the way to the end of that long block where there was a busy cross street and traffic and that's what probably finally discouraged him from continuing his stealthy pursuit. Once we were finally safe, I could soothe Jilly & tell her I was going to help her, not to worry, Baby, as I ran home to the car and our way to the ER vet.

I'd faced more than a few vicious, biting dogs before during fostering and rehabilitating aggressive or biting dogs, run into them out for walks, visiting people who had bad-tempered dogs, etc., and could always handle them but I'd never gone toe-to-toe with a vicious killer dog intent on getting what it considered its rightful prey before and just thought I knew what one would act like - but I didn't, not until then.

That's when I decided I needed a tool that intimidated the dog and decided an auto-open umbrella, as it suddenly opened big and threatening, would fit the bill and overawe the dog and I've never had an vicious-acting one approach near me or my dog since.
Did your baby make it???
Graneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!