View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Thanks Jeanie.

to the OP - I own a very large breed, and my senior male, is very dominant, very stubborn, and very food possessive. You note I say possessive - not aggressive. But he was food aggressive!

With him it is a re-iterative exercise, and one sometimes my husband has no time for and just gives up, when we renew or review what I expect Magic to do.

I kid you not, sometimes one whole hour can go by, before he gets to eat one morsel from his dish. And I refresh his memory every few months or so. My husband has no patience for this - but I do.

Look you have so much going for you, you are the Food Guru. YOU do the shopping, bring in the food to your home, cook that LOVELY FOOD, and you walk through your kitchen like you own it and all the space and contents with-in your kitchen. That is a natural for dogs to understand.

I expect my dogs to get out of my way, when I walk through my kitchen, or when I say OUT - they get OUT of the kitchen.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!