View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi485 View Post
Thanks gemy - he does not have the torn ligaments, that I know for sure. I look forward to seeing the article you're talking about. I'm Google-ing the crap out of this subject, but I figured a little help from other yorkie parents would help me calm down a bit. This dog is not just a dog, he is my angel and I love him. I'm going to def try and find one who will do it. I'm going to make some phone calls in the next few days and do a ton of searching on the internet.... problem is, I tend to freak myself out with all the info out there.
The hospitals I recommended are excellent places. Dr Kochin at cape cod does almost all the orthopedic surgeries for the yorkies that a local rescue/placement Yorkies Inc uses. They told me about him. When he fixed Barney's torn ligament he also fixed his knee. My other dog Daisy did have the groove made because she was very severe but that was a different surgeon many years ago. Dr Kochin is a genuinely nice guy and very fair. I would call and ask to speak to his liason Melissa if you have questions. She can give you more info. If the cape is too far (it's in Bourne), then I would suggest you contact the Angell animal medical center surgery department and speak with Dr Casale's secretary. I go to Angell for almost everything and love the place. I think you might find similar pricing at both. I would and have trusted both places with my Yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!