View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Ummmm.....Great excuse...except she DID come back to read what had been posted, after a perhaps "family emergency" as you suggest, but did not take the time to type a couple of words for an update. No excuse!

I am not sure about the other one either. Perhaps she was just inconsiderate and rude....she did admit she came with a problem, got no help (she approved of or valued, in spite of all the advice and encouragement she was given), so just didnt bother to come back and say "thanks for your time" or give any kind of an update.

I believe if you have even one minute to come here or anywhere and ask for help or advice, and you get help or advice, there is NO EXCUSE for not finding one more minute to say "thanks". They are finding the time to ask the questions, and read the responses....find a minute to show some graciousness for the time OTHER people spent on you!

Guess I was just raised "old school"......

That gal that was 38 weeks pregnant eventually came back, said the dog was better and saw NO REASON to come back, also said she DOESN'T OWE ANYONE AN EXPLANATION AND WAS TO BUSY getting ready for her new baby, also wrote she REALLY DIDN'T GET ANY HELP FROM MEMBERS other then take the dog to the vet. How RUDE is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiGirl View Post
It is frustrating when we don't hear updates. However, I can see that sometimes new members simply don't know how to navigate this site and find their way back to the original post. It took me a while in the beginning, as I was not familiar with forums.

Also, new members don't realize how passionate we are about pups and how truly concerned we are about others.

I guess we just have to share what we can and hope and pray for the best, and accept that we won't always hear the outcome, even though it would be nice. Then move on to the next one.
This I believe also, they just do not realize how their sick babies are on our minds and how concerned we are about their little babies, still IMO there is no excuse to not up-date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I have learned over the years that some people are not going to update. I might come back looking for and ask for an update, but try not to get too upset when they don't. Just not worth it. Some don't care to...and some really are fake and only here to push buttons. I give the best advice I can and can only hope people are sincere.
I do agree it can be rude....but it is just the way things are. The ones that do bother me are the ones who are here on this forum and should know better.
In the short time I have been on YT I have seen many threads begging, pleading for help for sick pup, so many members take their precious time to offer help, suggestions, advise, then poof, OP is gone never to be heard of again. Sometimes ya just gotta think it was all just a hoax to upset and incite ppl that are devoted dog lovers. And extremely DEVOTED to the yorkie breed. Sad that anyone would be so cruel to make up a horrid story about a dog being sick and toss it out on a forum such as this. I commend all members that offer advise, I have learned to look at it this way "any member new or old may be able to benefit from what was offered".
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!