View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Sorry about your little Jack....they just had a bit on the news the other night, about the double/triple rise in stolen dogs, and then the majority of them ending up on Craigs List....dog flipping, it is called. If your dog was microchipped, you have a better chance of getting him back....hopefully, he was chipped.

As for the heartworm treatment, I would get a second opinion on the treatment for heartworms. Is there a reason they dont want to give the baby the standardized treatment? I have never had a dog with heartworms....take that back, my significant other brought a stray home one time that was totally eaten up with them...he had them so bad, the vets said they could not treat him, all the dead worms released into his system/lungs/heart would kill him. I would ask a couple of vets about what the shelter is advising.....I honestly can not give you any useful advice other than that......hopefully, maybe LadyJane will come on with all her expertise in rescues, and shed some light on this for us.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!