View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #1
MybunDleOfJoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default mia has developed an aggression over me? HELP!!

Mia is the sweetest and most attention seeker i know. But for the past month she has become utterly angry/aggressive at night when its bed time or when she is eating.

Shes going to be turning 1yr soon and im worried cuz its still a. Early stage of her long life with me.

1-When is bed time, she usually lays by my feet in the corner, if i make a sudden movement with my feet or if i move close to when shes laying down comfortably she is completely disturbed she growls at me louder and louder as i get closer and i could see her teeth is as shes ready to bite me. There were a few times where i just picked her up growling when i could saying stop , bad girl, no growling at mami! Alot of different commands to a point where she relaxed but now im scared to even touch her. Lately , i just been saying " bad girl get off" and she knows what that means but she decides to disobey and growl even louder so i kick her off my bed with my pillow instead (idk what im doing by that, but it scares sometimes) btw she doesnt get back on unless i say to do so.

2-Another stage is when she gets her food , i recently changed her food to natural balance which she loves it. If i get close to her or approach the zone petting her she growls at me as if im going to take her food away. Today she did some of her usual stages where she eats a little and leaves some for a lil later . All i did was walk by the food and suddenly jumped from where she was and guarded her food chugging g some down in the process.

Im trying to figure whats the best way to correct this behavior i wouldn't want it to get any worse. Although it did start like 3 months ago when she got her first heat cycle before i could fix her, i know dogs do get a little aggressive in that stage but its been well over a month since it left. I am getting her fixed early February, would this help the matter? i don't want her to be in any pain when her birthday comes if i fix her now.
MybunDleOfJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!