Thread: Bath Time Woes
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #12
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
I've found using the kitchen sink works best because it's a flat surface and they feel more stable. I use a rubber mat that I got at Petsmart to give them more stability. I don't fill the sink with water, just run water over them to get them wet and to rinse them. I also used Cheerio's as a treat during the bath to help them associate it with a good thing. Blow dryer on lowest and coolest setting and I don't use it on their head. Gracie Ruth loves water in every form other than a bath. Go figure. Maybe try putting both dogs in the bath tub together. He might not be so scared if he has your girl with him.

We use a rubber mat in our kitchen sink and we do not fill the sink with water. It's more of a shower. I use the sink sprayer for the body and a measuring cup to pour water over the head.

Max was 13 weeks old when we brought him home and he behaved the same way as Pepper Jack. Hang in there, it gets easier! Max still is not as easy as Teddy, who stayed with our breeder until he was 8 months and was very well trained to tolerate the bath.

Max never wanted the dryer until he saw all of the attention Teddy got sitting for the dryer. I do a lot of massage while drying and the boys love it.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!