View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Rescued
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Bless your heart, and of course, that precious baby! Is your baby microchipped? That is the first thing I would do....

Then, I would put ID tags on a harness. They can get away from you so very quickly, regardless of how careful you are.....a harness or halter to hold ID tags is a solution.

I would not put any kind of collar around that baby's neck, but if you absolutely feel you must, nothing heavier than a break away cat collar.
Yes she is microchipped. And when she is out of the house anywhere she wears a harness with an ID tag. I don't like leaving the harness on her all the time because she sleeps curled up in a little ball and she is so small that having a harness seems to impede that. When she was a puppy she was so small that once she ran straight through one of the holes in a chain link fence, and that scared me to death!

I have roommates, so my concern is more when I'm not there- neither of them would purposefully let her loose (and she is in an x-pen when I'm gone anyway) but the whole accidents happen thing... I work at a shelter so my dogs wearing a collar with an up to date ID tag has always been of utmost importance to me.

But I guess the likelyhood of that has to be weighed against the dangers of a collar.

Last edited by Rescued; 01-22-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Rescued is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!