View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post

You had me in total agreement, with not wanting to BUY another dog, but would choose a rescue....great idea, socially beneficial, and wonderful for some little innocent pup that has been left to a rescue situation.

BUT, then you correlated your bad experience with that pup being a purebred, as opposed to poorly bred. I want to assure people that may be reading this post, that it is a myth that purebreds are automatically cursed with health issues, whereas mixes or "mutts" are the picture of health. That is just not true. There is a HUGE difference between "purebred" and "poorly bred"....these terms are NOT synonymous and are not interchangeable.

I am so sorry you are having the horrific issues you are having with your precious Enzo. These issues are not because he is a purebred but because of congenital /genetic birth issues, some of which could be considered breeding/breeder related.

I used to be one of those people who touted the superiority of mutts over pure bred dogs, but after being a member of YT for several years and absorbing the wealth of knowledge offered here, I now concur with the above statement. In fact, I was extremely disappointed when my veterinarian made a comment once implying that mutts were hardier and healthier dogs.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!