View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #1
griffy
Yorkie Talker

Default Meet Griffy! Aka my incredibly long introduction.

Hi! I'm happy to have found this forum. I'm not new to being a dog owner, but I am a bit new to owning a yorkie. I'm sure anyone who owns a yorkie can understand the difference! Haha.

I've owned a pekingese poodle mix (pekepoo) for 7 and a half years now. I got him (Chewbacca aka Chewie) when he was 5 months old, and he turns 8 in April. Chewie was kind of the absolutely perfect new dog owner dog. He learned quickly, but also had quite a bit of behavior problems that had to be corrected. I learned a ton from him!

Which brings me to my owning a yorkie. I grew up with a yorkie. From when I was 2 years old, until I was 17. I'd always wanted to get one of my own as an independent dog owner, but I chose Chewie first (or Chewie kind of chose me). I thought he would be a better fit for my lifestyle at the time. I was definitely right.

About a year ago, I decided that it was the right time to start looking for a second dog. I knew right away that I wanted a yorkie. I was working in a grooming shop, and everyone there had dubbed me "the yorkie lady" because of my affinity to that breed. They also knew I was on the lookout for anyone who wanted to find a new home for any yorkie that came in. After a few leads that didn't work out, a co-worker of mine was checking out a client and asked her if she wanted to set up her next grooming appointment. Turns out the client had been looking for a new home for her dog, but with no luck. My co-worker immediately gave her my number, and the next day I met her back at my grooming shop (we thought it was best to give him over at a place he was familiar at) and I brought him home that day!

Sorry for the extremely long explanation on how I got my little pup pup. I am just so incredibly grateful that everything worked out so amazingly well for me, his previous owner, and for my yorkie, Griffy.

Griffy just turned 3 in November and he is the biggest little character. Despite his size, being younger, and being new, he immediately became the alpha between my two dogs. Which luckily works well, since Chewie is incredibly dismissive and easy going.

Anyway, enough rambling. I hope this wasn't so long that everyone just dismissed it!

I look forward to meeting you all and learning new things. I am sure I will have questions, Griffy unfortunately has some behavioral issues, I hope you all will help me out with those. And I hope that I'll be able to help with any questions any of you have!

Also, I was a bather at my previous shop. I am now a grooming apprentice at another shop, so if anyone has questions regarding those types of things, I would be happy to help out!
griffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!