View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #7
mshancock66
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmore1525 View Post
This little girl will be joining my family in about 4 weeks, we are so excited but it is also bittersweet. My first Yorkie, Misha, was only a year old was hit by a car a few months ago and my husband and I took it so hard. She was the light of all our dogs, she made them play and enjoy life although they are either old or lazy. She always started the night in bed with me, but always ended up snuggled in with our lab mix whom she was bonded with. She got out under a hole my lab dug and got hit. We've since installed an invisible fence so that this will never happen again, I've felt so guilty since it happened, it was my job to protect her and I didn't

Sorry, I just had to get that out there. I can't imagine not having a Yorkie in my life. I have fallen in love with the breed and that spunky personality! Sasha is only charting to be 4-4&1/2 pounds full grown. She is soooo tiny but so sweet and cute. Misha was a big ole teapot at 10.5 pounds so this will be a big change. So any advice regarding smaller yorkies will be greatly appreciated!!
Your post just hit home with me, we recently lost our 4 year old yorkie Heff to a coyote attack with my husband in the yard with him. I am having the same feelings of guilt, what ifs, etc. I too am going to be adding a puppy on January the 30th. Here is to hopes that both of our hearts are healed in some way by these 2 precious gifts!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!