View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #1
RomeoRIP
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My Little Romeo R.I.P.

I want to make sure I can name the Breeder of my heart breaking experience with a local Breeder/puppy mill before I do so.
We only had the snuggle bug 3 1/2 days before he passed away and this breeder is blaming us. Saying we are criminally negligent. I told him we will be suing him but that is not enough for me. As a tribute to Romeo I want him shut down.
Romeo was only 8 ounces of snuggle. From the first day we got him he was very un-puppy like. No playing or anything and wouldn't eat. The breeder said that was normal. We took him to the Vet the next day and she said he was probably younger than we were told. They did a fecal sample and said he had blood cells in his feces but he was too little to do much. They gave him a dewormer and we got Nutri-cal and puppy mousse to feed him.
So the next two days my wife used a syringe to feed him and gave him the nutri-cal and water thru a syringe. He would drink a little on his own but had zero interest in eating. She was getting up in the middle of the night every three hours to feed him. We told the breeder he had soft stools/Diarrhea and would throw up.
We started contacting the breeder and sometimes he would respond, others not, telling him we were worried about the puppy not eating and having no interest in food.
My wife texted him again the third night (Saturday) about 7pm and he first told her to bring the puppy to him to care for. But during the conversation he told her that beings the puppy was walking around he should be fine and she was over reacting. So we told him we would take Romeo to the Vet again on Sunday morning.
So she fed him and put him down, getting up to feed him a couple of times.
At 6 am he wouldn't awaken. He was barely breathing. We called the breeder and he said to bring the puppy to him in N. Scottsdale. My wife zipped up there but he had her meet him at a QT station instead of his supposed Vet. (another story). He was very rude to her and told her we neglected the puppy.
Romeo died a few hours later and we are heart broken. Feeling that the jerk could have done something before and prevented the little guys death.
So through ensuing conversations I told him I would sue him and of course he responded that he would turn us into the Sheriff's office for cruelty to animals. I'm sure that is his normal to keep people off his back.
But I'll take the heat for Romeo's sake. We have our Vet and the things we did to try and save the little guy. I don't think the Sheriffs office are dummies.
We think did everything in our power to save him. My wife even skipped work on Saturday to take care of him.
Tell me if I'm wrong or we missed something.
But I want him shut down and need info on who to contact.
There is of course more story and I have a nice pic of Romeo.
P.S. I noticed this breeder is mentioned here and not in a positive light.
RomeoRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!