Thread: Interesting?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Lynzy, Yes he is adopted...I never really like these posts because you see 100 people comment they are getting them...they are going tomorrow etc.....yadda yadda...Well because of those answers I didn't immediately call on Monday morning I waited till the afternoon, only to find out there were 3 people on the list ahead of me...YAYYYYY I thought....he will definitely be getting a home!.....and be home for Christmas....AWESOME RIGHT? Nahhhh. On a very brief afterthought I called the shelter around 11ish today just to make sure........NOPE HE IS STILL THERE....SERIOUSLY?????? Let me tell you folks, had I known this pup would have sat in the shelter a few more days and NOT BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS with a loving family, I would have been down there the first thing Monday morning....but because of all the commenters I had absolutely no doubt that some family would be having a great new addition to their family....and a very Merry Christmas. Now I don't know how many actually went to see this little guy, but I know some did.....I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't have taken him???? He is calm, passive just an adorable little old man??? Could it be because people aren't educating themselves before going head long in to adopting? Probably....had you educated yourself you would know what I know.....He is healthy, a little on the skinny side (but that is expected since he is away from his family and little dogs lose weight fast from not eating frown emoticon You would also know that dogs aren't always 100% cuddle bugs, but especially not when they are in a room and hear a 100 dogs barking just outside the room) dogs often are dogs and not just your purse babies...He has a little LP in a leg....WELL he is 10 and had you educated yourself you would know that other than being sure that he can't jump off the couch or bed it is ok....rarely; if ever does a 10 year old little dog with LP need any real treatment other than ocassional Rimadyl if it is bothering him....You would also know what I know....Once he comes home, has another good bath (they take good care of him at the shelter) gets a trim, puts on a belly band on(marking is common in all un neutered dogs, can rarely be cured but a belly band solves the problem), puts his pajamas on and gets spoiled like he should be...he will be the most beautiful, well behaved pup in town....The sad part is he won't be home for Christmas and so many people let him down....but I assure you I won't he will be well cared for, like he deserves.......Please don't tell me it was meant to be....I already know that, but he could have been home for Christmas and while that may mean little to him, it means more to me.....Please, I didn't "need" a dog, I've had many over the years....but in the future, don't comment that your going etc...just go....these comments deter others from going thinking there will be long lists and lines....and please don't call and say your coming to just not show up....this was a by chance happenstance that I called the shelter today....I'm glad I did but sad that so many others didn't....Merry Christmas to all....and please don't forget, even if you can't or don't want to adopt you can donate for any dog's adoption fee..or to the shelter at any time...they need all the help they can get....I will post a pic of CoCo when he gets home...!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!