View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 AM   #14
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonAmir View Post
Tyson is soooo incredibly difficult to potty train. He's 7 months...I rescued him from a puppy mill. He just started to tinkle outside but usually goes on my carpet. I put him in the bathroom while I'm at work but he won't go on the puppy pad. He waits until I get home to go. What can I do? I've tried EVERYTHING from the spray to putting some of his old poo on the pad so he'll go back to that spot. HELP PLEASE
How many hour are you at work?

When you say he waits until you get home, isn't that a good thing? That means that he's not going potty in the house, which is Great. If he waits until you het home to go potty than how is it that he is peeing on the carpet.

I would suggest that when you arrive home you greet him in a normal voice so not excite him than simply pick him up, put his leash on or go directly to the same door that you exit for potty time and take him out which ever it is and say "Lets go OUTSIDE and go Potty". I would also suggest keeping as pee pad or news papers by that same door. Dogs are creatures of habit and they will pee and poo in the same area if you allow them to. Providing him with a pee pad near the door he knows is use to go outside to potty will help teach him to give you a sign when he needs to go. Also, teaching your pup the "come" command is vital. Please read my tips on training on my web site for more great tips that I know will help you. www.dawnsyorkies.com/training-tips
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!