View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
my-love-Nuada
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Nuada, my baby, my doggy child who I love so much

I lost my baby on 25 October 2014 (between 7am and 9am), he was 4 years old. He woke me up, as usual, with happy howling, smiles and kisses. He wanted to go outside ,for bathroom needs. His female doggy friend was on heat and he refused to come back inside. This did not worry me, as all the dogs were friendly and I was used to him staying outside until he called to be let in. On this faithful morning, I went check on him (to see if he is ready to come in). As soon as I reached the gate and saw him, something inside just changed, I check to confirm my worst nightmare and there he is, laying as if asleep, but not breathing. I call his name a few times and went to touch him, but no response.

Fast forward to the vet, I request an autopsy. I had no idea why he died, no bite marks, no objects in his mouth or throat, nothing...just laying there as if peacefully sleeping. 2 agonizing weeks went by, and then I received the call from the vet. The results of his autopsy showed he died of blunt force trauma to the head. I was devastated, how could this be? I loved him so much, spoiled him and did everything to prevent him from hurting himself. The vet tried to ease my pain by stating that he died not suffer, as it was instant.

For 2 months I didn't tell anyone how Nuada died, for fear that they might think I abused him. The only logical explanation I could come up with, was that they were running around playing, and one of the other dogs ran him over and he bumped his head.

I miss him so much, everyday gets a bit easier, but the pain of my biggest loss is still as strong as it was on the 25th. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him, he went everywhere with me, even to Cape Town on vacation. When I went to the shops, I used to come back with a treat. The hardest part for me, is going to the shops now and not buying a treat, or getting home and he is not there to greet me with a smile. Waking up in the morning and no one greets you with kisses.

I will remember you for always and longer, Nuada. You were truly the best companion anyone could ask for. I love you and miss you very much.
my-love-Nuada is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!