View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 05:01 AM   #1
Larry92
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy Please help!! :( Advice needed

I'm new to this but I am needing some advice regarding my boyfriends yorkie. I just want to know if this behaviour is normal for a Yorkshire terrier or if the dog is in fact just a little s**t! The dog is 2 and has lived with my boyfriend and his family since he was 6 months old and has had normal training done with him just nothing seems to work. Is it normal for him not to come to call, even in the house? it seems as though it will only do something when it wants to do and even the simplest of things like wanting to shut the door to a room and it's sat in the way it will not move if you ask it to and growls at you if you try to move it, so you have to wait until its ready to move?! I have never seen anything like it in my life! It also climbs up on the kitchen work top to eat food (we are not sure how it gets up there is nothing for it to climb up!!) this happens literally in the space of two minutes when someone pops upstairs or goes to the toilet, its ridiculous! Also I have known yorkies to be friendly and happy dogs but this dog when me and my boyfriend even touch start whimpering and barking at us even though I have been there since they got the dog and am not new to its life. It cowers when I walk in the room even though I have never shouted at it or hit it in my life and when I pick it up to move it when people are in the room it yelps like I'm hurting it but it doesn't do it when anyone else picks it up and doesn't do it when I'm in the room on my own with it. It has just started to not go to the toilet outside really.. maybe a wee here and there but its walked 3 times a day and goes out in the garden and will not go for a poo and then comes inside (after they have to leave the door open for half an hour and it wont come inside when asked) and will go for one on places like the sofa and beds?!(this is a constant behaviour when I am not there as well) We really don't know what to do anymore. It has also bit me 3 times.. not broke the skin but hard enough to leave a bruise and scratches and they happened when I was sat on the sofa by myself but has never even gone to do it when people are in the room. It has different people in the house all the time and its behaviour with them is strange and unpredictable and it barks constantly.. pretty much all day even if there is someone in the house it chooses to sit and bark alllll day. We are really stuck on what to do! help
Larry92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!