View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 03:18 AM   #1
AngelSP
Yorkie Yakker

Love Need help: 4 yr old paper trained yorkie pooing all over the house

Hi, I could use some advice. I adopted my yorkie a year ago. She is an older dog. I was able to quickly train her to poo and pee on a wee pad in the bathroom. I would do a crazy happy dance/clap hands/give treat when she pooed on the wee pad. For almost a year she was doing it perfectly. I finally was able to let her run free in the house, even when I was not home. Prior to that she was confined to a smaller space {ie. in the larger long bathroom, which was much bigger then her cage and where I had wee pad, bed, water and kibble}. This past 9 months has been hell for me. My dad is very ill and in and out of hospitals and rehabs. I have been going through some depression because I also have other pressing issues going on. About 4 days ago, I noticed my Yorkie's stool was a little loose and she threw up twice. I had given her a hard boiled egg that day. Since that day she has NOT vomited and had one normal stool and one soft stool HOWEVER SHE POOED THREE TIMES IN THE KITCHEN ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR AND I CAUGHT HER IN A ROOM SHE KNOWS SHE IS NOT ALLOWED IN. SHE HAS STOPPED POOING ON THE WEE WEE PAD. THIS IS A YORKIE WHO HAS ALWAYS DONE POO IN THE BATHROOM ON THE WEE WEE PAD... SOMETIMES IT WAS OFF THE WEE WEE PAD BECAUSE SHE WAS EXCITED TO SHOW ME. I just cannot devote the time to her like I did due to dad needing me to help with his medical, financial and legal issues. I live alone with my Yorkie. I love her so much. She is only 4 1/2 lbs and has always been trained to go on the wee wee pad. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
AngelSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!