View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #8
MaWilliams3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
There is a tiny chance he could get parvo but very tiny if the vaccines were all given at the right times like not before 8 weeks and so on. The thing I worry about of the story's of dogs and older puppies getting parvo are did the vaccines start before 8 weeks, did the breeder give them and possibly do it wrong, could the breeder be lying about the shots and so on. I think your pup is pretty safe but if you are still very concerned I would just not take him all the places lots of dogs go like a dog park or pet store. Your own backyard should be fine. I do think dogs need some kind of time outside but he is your dog that is your decision to make. I'm not sure that floppy head per say is a hypoglycemia symptom. If he is still doing it even when his blood sugar is fine then I to would suspect something was wrong and possibly liver but I'm no vet. Have you noticed any changes before the event? Could the diarrhea be from what they gave him for his sugar to go up or from the wet food? Even stress can cause diarrhea. I hope he will be ok. Please keep us updated.
I asked the same thing. Diarrhea from me giving him the wet food, she said she didn't think so because he had two formed bm's after wet food then the diarrhea. I got him vaccinated. I started at 7 weeks 6 days. (1 day shy of 8 weeks) the same vet I have had since I moved to Colorado. The wobbly head, when you get on one of those spiny rides? Then you get off and your standing still but your eyes have to catch up so they are bouncing around trying to regain equilibrium? That's what his head was doing, not so obvious but his body was twitchy as well. Even after the karos they gave him. But not as bad.
It's going to be hard waiting on those liver panel results.

♡☆Mandy☆♡ mum to Bruiser RIP Bijou
MaWilliams3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!