View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #6
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaWilliams3 View Post
We went back to vet this morning. After a call to the vet hospital last night. I brought a snack bag of diarrhea poo. She drew blood and is putting him on amoxicillian (sp?) Thinking a bug from eating deer poop. Not allowed out of the house till spring per the vet, not allowed out of the house EVER per me. He's fully vaccinated, but someone said he could still get parvo. Does this sound right to anyone? She's doing a EDT on his liver. He's head was all wobbly last night, they thought from the hypoglycemia, but she is starting to wonder if it is neurological. It's the egg chicken conundrum, hypoglycemia from being sick or being sick from the hypoglycemia. I'm in tears, so stressed out. I knew I didn't want him outside, but my husband didn't want him potty pad trained. "You worry to much Mandy, he's a dog, dogs go ($**t) outside all the time and they live 15th or 20 years. " grrr......
There is a tiny chance he could get parvo but very tiny if the vaccines were all given at the right times like not before 8 weeks and so on. The thing I worry about of the story's of dogs and older puppies getting parvo are did the vaccines start before 8 weeks, did the breeder give them and possibly do it wrong, could the breeder be lying about the shots and so on. I think your pup is pretty safe but if you are still very concerned I would just not take him all the places lots of dogs go like a dog park or pet store. Your own backyard should be fine. I do think dogs need some kind of time outside but he is your dog that is your decision to make. I'm not sure that floppy head per say is a hypoglycemia symptom. If he is still doing it even when his blood sugar is fine then I to would suspect something was wrong and possibly liver but I'm no vet. Have you noticed any changes before the event? Could the diarrhea be from what they gave him for his sugar to go up or from the wet food? Even stress can cause diarrhea. I hope he will be ok. Please keep us updated.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!