Thread: New to Group
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
cutiepatutie627
YT Addict

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lksdolls
I'm new to the group and would like to introduce myself. My name is Linda Steele and go by LKSDOLLS. My ebay ID is thepaintedladytm. We live in Northeastern Ohio. Mother of 3, Nana (grandmother) of 6 including a set of twins. I am a doll artist/designer by trade, in industry since 1979. In 1998 we vacationed with friends in the Keys. She had a yorkie - I fell in love! The following summer they, Gail and her then husband, traveled up north and brought her first born female with her. Of course, we had it all prearranged and Reggie (named after Richard & Gail - RG) came home with us. Gail kept telling me that Yorkies are like potato chips......can't have just one! At the time we had two cats and a ChowChow and wondered how he would react to her. I told my husband he would either love her or eat her. Of course, he was in love and proceeded to get me soaking wet from his slobbers. We now have 8 permanent yorkie residents. Reggie, Tucker, Sassy, Sissy, BoSox, Gizmo, Roxie & Feebie, ranging in sizes from 3.5 lb to 11 lb. MoJo also lived with us until our son moved out of state and took his dog with him. How dare him! And Blitzen (our granddaughter's yorkie-birthday present) stays with us on Wed. & Thursday's. We home raise our babies in our family room and at times it gets a little crazy around here, actually, it's more like a zoo. Like Christmas 2003, we had 2 litters, all the little reindeers and more. With 10 little critters running around all at the same time, the Christmas tree had to be put up on a table. The doll industry has been slow for the last couple of years so I am expanding my talents to my four legged friends. I am in the process designing coordinating apparel/bedding for yorkies, specializing in the teeny tiny sizes. I have most of my designs ready to start making and have spent several days working on my website, http://garlinyorkies.info. I hope you take time to visit even though the Designer Boutique is pretty much still in the "COMING SOON" stage, but that will be changing soon. After doing much research, I found that even the standard XXS is too big for some tiny dogs. Everything is custom made with 9 sizes available, ranging from puppy to 12 lbs. Most of my line will be for dogs under 5 pounds and a specialty line of puppywear up to 3.5 pounds.
I've attached a photo of my Baby Caftan. It will also be available with a matching diaper, blanket, and puppy size carrier. The other photo is the carrier from my Malibu Beach collection. Sized for dogs under 5 pounds.
Hope you take time to look, even though there's not much to look at just yet. There will be new additions added weekly.
Hello,
OMG an 8 pack I think that's a record or something.....your babies are soo adorable...hope to see pictures soon!
cutiepatutie627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!