View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
MaWilliams3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question first and let's hope last hypoglycemic event

So thank god my sister in law moved in (probably the only time I'll ever say that). Around 3 this afternoon she calls me and says there is something wrong with Bruiser. He's dizzy and his head is floppy. I'm on my way I tell her. Wasn't even done seeing patients. I call the vet let them know I'm on my way and why, then call my boss and tell her to pass along that "I'm out of office". I pull in my driveway and she is standing on my porch with my dog. He looks like someone just spun him a bunch of times and he's head hasn't caught up with the rest of him.
The tech takes him from me, and I feel like my husband did when they rushed me into emergency surgery to deliver my preemie baby. I'm standing at the reception desk wringing my hands and wondering what this trouble maker that I love so much got into this time. She comes back and said we think he'll be okay but the doc is still checking him out. His blood sugar is 28. (I should know what this means, but at that moment I'm not thinking) she gave him some karos and is trying to warm him. His temp is only 96. And then she's gone again. An hour later she hands me my 3lbs 4oz 22 week old puppy and says you need to watch him tonight. I give them my credit card and i leave. I didn't ask any questions, I feel like an igit.
We came home he eats a whole can of wet food (hasn't touched wet food since he was about 8 weeks old) and now he's wrapped in a blanket my mom made him and laying on my chest in front of the igit box.
What do I need to watch for? How long will he be like this? Any thoughts appreciated.

♡☆Mandy☆♡ mum to Bruiser RIP Bijou
MaWilliams3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!