View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 02:53 AM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

That's the thing isn't it? It just seems like everything is too big, too complex, moving too fast, for any one person to effectively do anything. Sometimes I think that our technology is like a run away train, building speed, mowing down things, zipping by, and no-one is in the drivers seat.

The human race willingly or not - has allowed our technology to grow at un-precendeted rates, and yet the more *soft* skills like morals and ethics are hardly ever looked at. The saying "just because we can do a thing, doesn't mean we should do a thing". We humans have shown again and again throughout history, we are poor very poor forecasters of what is the future impact of the actions/discoveries of today...

Take the honeybee problem (well at least here in Canada) and I think elsewhere; well it has been found that a *newish* coating on the seeds of soyabeans and corn a type of pesticide is what is killing off hundreds of thousands of our bees. No bees, no pollination = no food! We just never, ever seem to learn! Where were the studies and the appovals for this newish pesticide coating? How did the system fail us? Have not heard the answer to that one yet.

We argue over global warming, and I admit I surely don't understand all the science behind it; but weather patterns are changing, if 5000 scientists come out and tell the world that this is so; who am I to say they are wrong. And it matters little to me how much of it was man-made, it matters what we can *do* about it.
Awh well I digress (again) from microchips.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!