View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 PM   #5
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShinyface View Post
Hi All -
I have a 6-year-old Yorkie who is human and a diva true to her name. She has been the apple of everyone's eye with whom she comes in contact. And such a lap dog.

Enter Ruby, the new Yorkie, who is now 6 months old and the super busy, INSANELY jealous little sister. She tries to take over EVERYTHING. And Diva's disinterest in her after 4 months just gives her additional fuel to be bossy amongst the two. My biggest issue though is: Sibling rivalry.

If I talk to Diva, she runs over wanting to get the attention that Diva is getting. If I pick Diva up, she is at my feet jumping because she wants to get picked up. If I'm bathing Diva, then she's at the tub jumping to get in - and she hates baths.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue with multiples. How did you handle it?

Thanks,
Summer

My first is Zoey she a little over a year and a half. We had been wanting another one to keep her company and add another member to the family.the timing was right just before Christmas to get her her own sister from the same mom and dad...enter Izzy...opposite of Zoey ...should have named her Sassy!
I think it natural for dogs to want what the other is getting, be it attention, food, toys...I give to the first one first cause she has been with us the longest , then I give to the second cause she doesn't know the difference.
But yes the youngest will be in full puppy mode . I like it, it's bringing Zoey out a little bit. She was in full posture for about 3 weeks not knowing how to take the nippy playful little thing. But now lays on her side and tussles.....and zooms together....there's abig age difference for your two so expect an adjustment period. Spread yourself out all they want is you and did want 2.....and have fun !
Zoey Zendaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!