View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #11
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Did you have to go to Africa to have zebra? I haven't traveled a ton. Mostly only to the Caribbean and once to London, once to several provinces in China, and then just around the states. I wanted to try turtle last time in the Caribbean but didn't get a chance.

Never had 'roo or horse.

Octopus isn't exotic in many countries but in the US it is I guess. I think it's how it looks that most people wouldn't want to eat it. But if prepared incorrectly, it's terrible.

Fish brains I've been eating since a kid. Asians always cook the fish whole, so the head is always attached. The cheeks and collar is the best part, and my mom told me to suck the brains out of the skull, which is like a jelly consistency, very flavorful. I have no idea why I started to eat the eyeballs but also very tasty jelly texture. But you have to spit out the cornea and there's a hard bone type ball inside. LOL

If you get the chance, try menudo. That made me love tripe, bc before like I said I only had it in pho and didn't like it. How did your MIL describe it to you?

And if you have a Taiwanese eatery near you, they will have the 1000 year old egg. Try it, but there's no way to know the brand they use. Or go to a Chinese market and they will have it for sure.

I love quail egg, but it is the food with the highest cholesterol in that tiny thing so I don't eat them anymore. I don't think I've have pheasant before. I had rabbit at a churrascaria before though.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!