View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 11:41 PM   #20
Cat2861
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
It happens so frequently, and it is very frustrating. We stop to read a cry for help, we take our time to offer advice or suggestions, and then we worry and get all concerned.....and then posters do not have the decency to update us.....time is found to plea for help, but then poster is not respectful enough to even let us know if the pup is alive. Very, very frustrating.....that is why I seldom even read these posts.....I have no desire to worry over someone elses sick/injured pup, take my time to try to help, and then not even get the courtesy of an update. There is NO excuse for ungratefullness.
I totally agree with you! I try to stay away from posts like these too because I am so sensitive and I just start to cry reading them and then it just consumes my mind. You never want to hear of anyone whether human or our furbabies being really sick. I'm sure if he could my hubby would ban me from YT. He hears it all from me...the ranting & raving..and says..."Catherine ...You have to realize that not everyone is like you or will do what you would do". He knows no matter how much it costs, how far I have to drive, whatever hour in the day it may be....I will do what I need to do for my furbabies. I think what makes it harder to swallow is that I have a 21 yr old daughter who has a 4 year old yorkie. He got sick not too long ago in the middle of the night. She called me to tell me she was going to bring him to an emergency vet because he had diarrhea and was vomiting. She took him, they ran a bunch of tests and after hours of being there, the Dx ended up being the flu. His bill came out to be $900. Now she is back in school (Already had graduated from UF a year and a half ago), has her own place, bartends at night and paid the bill in full. We offered to pay and she did not want the help. Her response was "I can take care of my baby." At that point I looked at my husband and said, "We did a great job raising her and she makes me a proud mommy!" I guess I just don't get it and probably never will get it. I'll stick by the I'm too old to change.

Ok, Now I will step down off of my soapbox
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!