Thread: Potty Training
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #3
Brandy101b
Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhay234
I'm ready to pull my hair out! My puppy won't go on the pee pads. When I take her out of her crate I immediately put her on the pad and she will pee just a little. I will make her sit there for a long time to make sure she doesn't have to go anymore. As soon as I let her off she goes and pees somewhere else. She sometimes pees in her crate too. When she has to poop she goes and hides and when I stop her and put her on the pad she won't go. I don't know what to do! I'm going crazy. Help!

I am sorry to here about your potty training troubles. It is VERY true yorkies are hard to potty train, I would say more then half never potty train fully. I have had 3 yorkies in the past 7 years. My first yorkie I had for 3 years he NEVER potty trained and when we had our first child and bought a brandnew house, my husband said he could'nt come un potty trained so we found him a good home. My second yorkie we has for 1 1/2 years same thing never got the training thing down pack, we used doggie diapers in the house which were great, we put up a fence and the very next day she dug out and ran away we put up posters and everything but I am sure someone found her and kept her. We have a 4 mth old yorkie now and have had her since 9 weeks, she is AMAZING!!! Never pottied in the house, we don't use puppy pads because we don't want her to ever think its okay to potty inside. She has a play pen as her home and she is super smart from day one she whined when needing to potty and she would do the same in the middle of the night, she has been sleeping through the night for about a week now so shes getting better. But she just goes outside, if shes free roaming the house she will run to the back door to let us know its time, but I don't EVER let her out to play unless I can give her 100% attention. It just takes time and patientce (sorry I can't spell LOL) Keep trying and I hope yours won't be one that never trains.
Brandy101b is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!