View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
MaggieMaysMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default The power of love

I have always known that dogs have huge hearts and the ability to sense our emotions, but I just wanted to share a heart warming story. My sweet Maggie lived her first 4 yrs in an awful amish mill cage with minimal human interaction, much less love or affection. She was so timid when we brought her home, and nobody could have blamed her if she never trusted or loved us...and we knew that was a fair possibility...we just wanted her to have a safe quiet place to rest her head. But over the 4 months we have had her, through patience and love Maggie has become my little shadow. She is always on my lap or by my side. Yesterday I had a friend over for coffee, Maggie assumed her spot on my lap at the table for a snooze. I was talking to my friend about possibly having to move this spring due to my husbands job, and began to cry softly, nothing loud or dramatic. Maggie instantly lifted her head as the tears came down my face and crawled up the front of me, tucking her head under my chin. She was clearly trying to comfort me! And it worked I was just thinking today how this little dog, who never received love until recently, so quickly returned it. Pretty amazing
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!