View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #15
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Brokenhearted right along with you. I'm so sorry this happened but they will jump off furniture right before your eyes and even the closest guardian cannot stop them from doing it. Once they are up on furniture, the only way you can keep them truly safe is put a wall or something up to completely forestall them suddenly deciding to forego the doggie stairs and just suddenly jump off whatever they are on. I raised such a stink when Tibbe did it in the past, he rarely does it now but now, though it's rare, when he hears something he feels he must check out right now, off he goes and I'm the most careful Yorkie owner there is.

Try not to feel guilty or angry with DH as these little acrobats are fearless of heights, think they can defy gravity and do whatever they think they can do. They have little judgment about personal safety and are so headstrong when they think they hear a strange noise, an intruder or something they must check out now.

I'll bet the fixation heals well and before too long, she's right back to being her old self. Poor baby, I'll sure be praying for her surgery, her post op pain to be eased by her meds and that her full healing comes quickly.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!