Thread: Teacups
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce evans View Post
Being with a rescue I have people telling me they are looking for a tiny all the time. I tell them the same things as you. No you don't. Hannah weighs just over 5 lbs. and is small enough for me. She and my Chi, Holly do not get to enjoy the outdoors like my other dogs because of hawks. I feel so bad for them but I can't even take a chance even on leash. My sister lives in a subdivision in Houston and had a hawk stalking her Chihuahua. She doesn't let her outdoors anymore. Some people just don't get it and don't realize how protective you have to be when you have a small dog regardless of the breed and where you live. I love my little Hannah and enjoy her too but she comes with a lot of worry. Having her is like having an infant in the house and some people are just not up to the task. I pay attention to everything and thank God I am able to be home with my girls! I might be considered over protective but when it comes to all of my baby girls I do everything I can to keep them safe. It just seems like Hannah requires more of everything because she is so small. I can just imagine what you must go through with Galen and how you stay in protective mode 24 7's! I'm lucky because I finally got to remove the cat collar with the bell from Hannah when she turned a yr. old.
Here it seems like the hawks and birds of prey have gotten bigger. I'm not even comfortable with my 17 pounder outside when they are flying around and for some reason they like to circle the back end of our property.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!