View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #8
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

You mentioned that your husband wants to put the prong collar behind Mosbey's legs. Please stand up for Mosbey and do not allow the prong collar either on the neck or behind the legs.

I firmly believe that Yorkies in particular respond much better to positive reinforcement training. Regarding the door running -- I thought my boys were trained not to dash out the door. However, all it took was one incident of Teddy running out to chase the UPS truck down the street to convince me to put up a baby gate. We keep the dogs away from the door. The risk just isn't worth it to me.

We practice "come" and "stay" in the house and leashed outside. To be honest, I will never trust my boys off leash. We practice for emergencies and accidents of getting loose, and my boys have responded, but I do my best to avoid them getting loose. I accept that most Yorkies are not like other dogs -- not like my cockapoo who walked without a leash and never left our side.

For potty training -- ditch the diapers. Do you want to pad train or train for outside?

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!