Thread: Car rides
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #8
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
You can also try things like a ThunderShirt and even benadryl if she is really anxious. I have 3 and Bogey is the only one that doesn't do well in the car. I just asked the vet today for a RX for him because we have been taking him for weekend trips out our friends. He was so anxious on the way home Sunday I thought he was going to have a heart attack! I had him at the vet today and she gave himhttp://ww.petmd.com/pet-medication/acepromazine AcepromazinewI haven't tried it yet but think I might tomorrow when we head out for NYE. She told me to try a half dose and increase from there to a full pill.
Following up on our NYE trip. I gave Bogey 1/2 pill of Acepromazine about an hour before leaving and hoped for the best since my husband had left the day before. If it didn't worked I'd be driving alone with a crazed Bogey

He did great! I was able to clip him into his car harness and he seemed to enjoy looking out the window. No panting, shaking or terrorized eye bulging. After trying every other treatment I think I've found a solution for him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!