View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

I think I gravitate more toward females not to say if a male rescue fell into my lap that was perfect I would be fine with that or if he needed me. I'm lucky to have a female with a lovely attitude but is extremly loving and scary smart. Sammy my moms male is funny because he is so chill if Callie gets a bit bossy or anything he is like ok whatever and happily does something else. He did get an infection once where liquid had to be put in his boy part and swashed around and then let come out and that just seemed terrible. Our first dog was when I was 8 she was a lab mix we rescued from a person my mom went to high school with they kept her chained up outside and she never had food or water. After she got used to being inside and stuff she was an amazing dog like my protector and best friend she followed me every where. When I was 13 or 14 a disk in her back broke and at that time there was nothing they could do so she had to be put to sleep, first time I really ever saw my dad cry. She would chew up something of his if he made her mad lol. We had two other dogs growing up both beagle mixes one a boy and one a girl. Buddy was around 20 pounds and very affectionate at 9 they discovered he was just eat up with cancer and he was having seizures a lot and he was in pretty bad shape and had to be put to sleep. The female Hank who was my first dog thought buddy was her puppy even though she was fixed and never had puppies. She cleaned his ears and taught him a lot of stuff but when she had to be put to sleep he lost weight for a bit and was more scared of things. Daisy our female beagle mix is now 13 chubby but doing pretty well she had the female attitude when she was a puppy but as she has gotten older she has chilled out. One of the reasons I would prefer a female now is because for some reason I still have most of Callie's clothes she out grew lol. I also think Sammy does better with girls but don't really have anything to back that up.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!