View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #4
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Our Gracie was a chewing machine when she was younger. I was actually afraid she was going to kill herself she was so determined to chew just about anything she was not supposed to. She was never interested in dog toys of any kind. I had read that raw hide actually is quite dangerous for dogs to chew because they are not digestible and vets have had to do many surgeries to remove rawhide parts that had been swallowed by dogs. Rawhide can also be a choking hazard. I didn't know what to do until I came here and found out about bully sticks.

It took me a while to find just the right kind of bully stick for her. I always get the 12" sticks and then take them away when they are about 4" long so we don't have to worry about her choking. These sticks stopped the chewing binge she had been on. She chewed a lot when she first got one but after a while she needed to chew less and less. She is 4 years old now and one 12" Best Bully stick will last her a month.

There are times when she gets all excited and I find she finds some comfort in chewing her stick during those times. They have really been a problem solver for us.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!