View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Send me your males!! Adore them. Females are okay -

Miss Vixen here is being stubborn on not learning certain things. She is way way beyond chewing frenzies - but what did I awake to Boxing Day - she had destroyed my 14carat beautifull gold necklace . Took it off the end table

She still loves to mouth! And to jump or try to jump up to sit in my lap! She continues to try to sneak up on the living couch - but she is like a bull in a china shop - I always *hear her*

In our breed Black Russians - males are usually more in demand. It is interesting to see how often the largest males end up being owned by the most petite woman.

I don't charge more for a male than a female. Only difference in pricing would be if I have a show prospect/promise.

In terms of studding, it is rare to earn a lot from stud fees - unless you have an International winner etc. Then you can have the popular stud syndrome - not a good idea from breed diversity point of view. Plus I don't like studding out to strange females. Brucellosis is $250 every time and then there is the real risk factor when breeding a male to a female. I am going with A/I from now on.

Many breeders like to use their own studs.

In Yorkies in Canada - females appear to be in greater demand.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!